Metric fasteners are measured in millimeters, as opposed to standard fasteners that are measured in Inches. Metric hardware products should be used exclusively with metric nuts and washers. Metric fasteners offer the same quality and durability as standard measured fasteners but are differentiated due to the way they are sized. Certain applications require the use of only metric fasteners, making it ideal to have both standard and metric hardware fasteners on hand.
Contact us for more information regarding our metric hardware fastener options or call us at 248-478-3964 with any questions that you may have regarding our metric fasteners.
Metric Hardware OptionsIt’s important to keep metric fasteners on-hand so that when you have a project that requires them, you can complete the project without delay. Value Fasteners offers a broad selection of metric fasteners at competitive prices. We offer the following types of metric fasteners:
- Electronic Hardware
- Clinch Nuts
- Clinch Studs
- Metric Cage Nuts & Metric Clinch Nuts
- Metric Bolts
- Metric Machine Screws
- Thread Forming Screws
- Thread Rolling Screws
Interpreting the Different Aspects of Metric FastenersWhen interpreting the size of metric hardware products, it is important to remember that the size of a metric screw or bolt is measured in millimeters (mm) and is specified as diameter, pitch and length. The sizing for metric fastener nuts, will appear as diameter and pitch. However, if pitch isn't specified, the fastener is coarse threaded. The differences between these specifications are described below.
- Diameter: the larger the number, the larger the fastener
- Pitch: the larger the number, the coarser the thread (the fewer the threads per unit of measure); coarse is the most common metric thread and is assumed when pitch isn't specified
- Length: the larger the number, the longer the fastener
- Standard: the DIN, ISO, JIS or ANSI standard number that applies to the fastener